2020 Walk of Hope (virtual)
Hope Bereavement Care is holding its 10th Annual Walk of Hope on Sunday 18th October. The Walk of Hope commemorates International Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. Each year over 200 families and friends have met at Rippleside Park and walked together to honour the memory of their precious children. Although we can’t be together this year, we want to create a safe, welcoming and supportive space for people bereaved by the death of a baby or child – walking together in memory of our children and connecting with others on the same grief journey so we are not alone.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Before the event:
– Go to our Facebook event and commit to attending the Walk https://www.facebook.com/events/366881857688046/
– Log on to our website https://www.bereavement.org.au/walk-of-hope to leave a message on our Memorial Board
– Promote the event or your participation by using our ‘I am walking’ tiles to let your friends and family know why you are walking.
– Create a CrowdRaiser www.givenow.com.au/walkofhope to raise money to help Hope continue to support bereaved parents and family members locally.
On Sunday 18th October:
– Go to our event on Facebook and watch live at 10am, including a ‘Welcome to Country’ and Dove Release.
– Do your own Walk. Please take a take a photo of yourself walking. There is no right way to do this, but please follow social distancing and current restrictions.
– Post your photo:
* on Facebook event page with the tag #WalkofHope
* on Instagram with the tag #WalkofHope or
* email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Share your CrowdRaiser or donate directly to www.givenow.com.au/walkofhope
– We will put the photos and names into a video and send you a link
After the event
– Look out for the video of all your photos. We will put the photos and names into a video which will be available on the Hope Website and Facebook page.
– Feel free to share your story or offer words of support to others.