Bereavement support groups, Geelong
Hope Bereavement Care can put people in touch with the relevant support group to help them with their bereavement. Support groups we work with are:
‘Drop In’ Coffee Group Support Group
- Purpose: This is an informal group for parents who have lost a child of any age from any cause.
- Meets: Second Tuesday of each month: 10.30am to midday in a Newtown coffee shop.
- Partnering With The Compassionate Friends (Victoria)
After Suicide Support Group
- Purpose: This group aims to support anyone who has experienced the death of a person through suicide.
- Meets: Third Tuesday of the month at 6.30pm.
Empty Arms Parent Support Group
- Purpose: For families and friends who have suffered a loss from a miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death, either recently or in the past.
- Meets: First Thursday evening of the month.
Life After Loss Group
- Purpose: This group provides support for women whose spouses/partners have died.
- Meets: Please contact us for information about this group and meeting times.
For information about Geelong and district bereavement support groups contact Hope Bereavement Care for details: (03) 4215 3358.