Bereavement support groups, Geelong
Hope Bereavement Care can put people in touch with the relevant support group to help them with their bereavement. For information about Geelong and district bereavement support groups contact Hope Bereavement Care for details.
- 'Drop In' Coffee Group Support Group
- Purpose: An informal group for parents who have lost a child of any age from any cause.
- Meet: Second Tuesday of each month: 10.30am to midday in a Newtown coffee shop.
- Notes: Partnering With The Compassionate Friends (Victoria).
- After Suicide Support Group
- Purpose: We know that there are some unique issues faced by people who have lost a loved one to suicide. This is an opportunity to meet and connect with other people who have lost someone to suicide
- Meet: Third Tuesday of the month at 6pm-8pm
- Empty Arms Parent Support Group
- Purpose: For families and friends who have suffered a loss from a miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death, either recently or in the past.
- Meet: First Thursday evening of the month.
- After Suicide Loss Support Group
- Purpose: Provides support for women whose spouses/partners have died.
- Meet: Please contact us for information about this group and meeting times.
- Creative Bereavement
- Purpose: This informal group is run by trained art therapists who have experience in grief counselling. It is an opportunity to be with other people who are bereaved and to find creative ways to express your feelings. Activities such as writing, drawing, painting and the use of symbols will be offered. Art experience is not required.
- Meet: The group generally meets on a Thursday evening
- Support after Suicide Men’s program
- Purpose: This monthly group is for bereaved men to meet other men who have lost a loved one to suicide. Each month there will be a guest speaker who will share their own thoughts and experiences that will provide points for discussion and an opportunity for questions during the evening
- After Suicide Loss Early Bereavement Group
- Purpose: This four week group is an opportunity to meet other people also affected by suicide and to assist you in understanding the trauma and grief that follows. The group will provide a range of strategies to help you to minimise and manage the stress associated with such a traumatic loss. This group is recommended for people who are between 3-24 months bereaved.
- Meet: Please contact for the next group dates
- Support after Suicide Peer Support Coffee Mornings
- Purpose: This informal catchup, facilitated by trained volunteers who have experienced suicide bereavement, is suitable for those who want to connect with those who have had a similar experience.
- Meet: This group meets monthly on a Wednesday morning.
A highlight of my work would definitely be the Learning to Live with Loss program 4 week program. After the group, these women have continued linking in with other women who have had lost a partner at monthly support group catch ups. Its amazing seeing previous attendees come and speak to other women and share their personal journeys. Great Peer support. Christine, Hope Counsellor, 2019