Grieving the death of a child
Hope Bereavement Care provides support to people affected by the death of a baby or child from conception to 18 years of age.
Every parent fears the loss of a child and when it happens, the child’s death is devastating to parents, family members, friends and workmates- the impact has a far-reaching ripple effect.
Grief counselling for the loss of a child requires specialised skills and training. The qualified counsellors at Hope Bereavement Care work under the professional supervision of Red Nose.
Our support services include:
- Grief counselling for parents including red nose counselling and stillbirth support
- Counselling and support for extended family members, family friends, workmates, school communities, emergency service personnel and service providers.
- Secondary Consultation for professionals supporting people experiencing the loss of a child.
Our support groups include:
- Drop In Coffee Group for parents who has lost a child of any age
- Children’s Memory Mornings during school holidays for pre-schoolers and primary aged children
- Empty Arm Parent Support for families and friends who have suffered a loss from a miscarriage, stillbirth or neonatal death.
- Angel Boxes
- Memory Boxes
- Online Support
- Library of relevant books
For more information contact Hope Bereavement Care or call the 24-hour telephone support service 1300 308 307 for urgent support relating to the death of a child.
The below link is a Resource Map, we hope this information helps navigating this journey a
- The support of qualified counsellors and trained parent supporters
- A range of information resources to assist, families, support people and service providers
- Support groups which offer bereaved people a variety of opportunities to meet other people who have endured similar experiences
- Trauma and grief information
- 24-hour telephone support service in Australia: Call 1800 240 400
- Advice, education and support for groups such as emergency workers, community service providers and schools.
- A library of resources for bereaved people.