Adult Bereavement, Geelong Region
Hope Bereavement Care provides free information, support and counselling to any person impacted by the sudden and unexpected death of an adult.
We provide support to anyone who is bereaving the the death of:
- A spouse
- A parent or grandparent
- An Adult child
- A friend
- In the workplace
There is no question that a sudden and unexpected death is both devastating and shocking. It can lead to feelings of disbelief, guilt, loneliness, fear, nausea, anxiety and helplessness. As well as physical symptoms such as sleeplessness and physical and mental exhaustion.
The first 5 weeks following the death can be the worst and bereaved people can find themselves creating ‘what if’ and ‘if only’ scenarios in their minds. Others may feel angry perhaps with themselves, the person who has died or somebody they blame for the death.
Hope Bereavement Care’s counsellors and support groups can help people cope with the death of an adult, offering qualified support and guidance. If you are seeking adult bereavement support please get in touch with us online or call us on 03 4215 3358
- Personal and family support
- Bereavement information for families, service providers and support people
- Opportunities to meet other bereaved people who have had a similar experience
- Grief and trauma information
- Education, support and advice for emergency workers, schools, community service providers and others.
- A range of resources from our library.